Sunday, August 15, 2010

Vision

This blog is a ritual first step for me. This is where I lay my thoughts, feelings and emotions bare about the things that God has called me to. This blog is designed to be a method of updating my friends, family and sponsors about the things that are happening in my life, but I hope it will come to reach a larger audience as well. Who knows? Perhaps a reader will catch the vision and entrust themselves into God's care as well.

Sometime in October I am going to take the plunge into full-time ministry. I am going to quit my job and raise support. God has called, for this season, to work full-time in advancing His Kingdom. As of now I am going to be splitting my time between the Vineyard Community Church of Waverly, IA and the IHOPE House of Prayer in Waterloo, IA. I have strong ties with both of these communities and I think they are two sides of the same coin - discipleship fueled by intercession which is itself fueled by the desire to see God's Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.

This is a scary thing for me. I was raised to work hard at a job, whatever it may be, to support my family. Now I am relying on God to provide financial support for me through His body. In the big picture, He is more reliable by far, but my small frame rarely sees from such perspective. And so, I come to you, reader. If you are already a supporter, thank you. Words do not adequately express how much your investment in me means. If you are not yet a supporter, please pray about becoming one. I would love to talk to you to more fully share my vision.

Yours in Christ,

Ben

2 comments:

  1. Ben,
    This is awesome! I'm excited for you guys about the change! And i'm looking forward to read your posts. I will e-mail you guys soon about news and such. God is crazy and God is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina,

    Thanks. It is good to hear from you. We would love to hear how things are going in Romania. We think of you often. I am sure Amy would love a skype date whenever you get the chance. Take care friend.

    ReplyDelete