Thursday, August 19, 2010

Three Themes

I would first like to thank everyone who has taken an interest in this so far. Your support as family, friends and people I respect is really moving. Thank you.

There has been some interest already in what the specific duties are that I will be responsible for at the Vineyard and IHOPE. I will have this list by Saturday afternoon. I apologize that I can't send it out sooner, but things have only finalized recently. Your patience is appreciated. If you would like to receive this emailed list, please contact me at benamydau@gmail.com.

That said, I can discuss the three major themes that have surfaced over the past few days.

Teaching: Both the Vineyard and IHOPE have asked me to teach some classes. This is an area I am extremely excited about. As it stands now, I will be teaching basic biblical literacy courses (what is in the Bible and where to find it) and discipleship courses (maturing and equipping believers to minster the love of Christ in varied situations). These are both expressed needs in these communities and I am very honored to be able to serve in this way.

Prayer: I hope many of you are thinking "DUH!" right about now, as I am working in a House of Prayer. Even still, I have been asked to help develop a prayer culture in my local congregation and much of my research and development will happen in the prayer room. This is, in many ways, my most challenging assignment. What do you say when you have said everything to God that you can possibly think of? How does one spark the desire to pray in another? These are questions I don't know, but that need answering if prayer is to establish its rightful place in our congregations.

Discipleship: I want to see people in a better, more fully developed and more fully mature place than they are currently. Wherever you are on your walk with Christ, you can benefit from discipleship. Unfortunately, the only ones who realize this are the ones who are ready to disciple. I want to train up leaders for today and tomorrow. "Aslan is on the move" and we had better have people who can keep up.

There you have it. The three areas that God is highlighting for me to grow into. Again, a more formal listing and explanation of duties will come on Saturday afternoon. If you would like to receive it, please email benamydau@gmail.com

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment